Wednesday, 2 November 2011

E-interview with Amer Ali Shihab: horror Illustrator and painter.

Me: So how did you get in to art and illustration?

Amer: I have drawn for as long as I can remember, and have always been influenced by horror movies and games.I always kept my work private. until I realized in 2006 that there was a strong audience and market for horror art. I got a lot of exposure though the use of Myspace and other social networking sites.

Me: what advice would you give to an illustrator who is just starting out?

Amer: My advice would be to just keep pushing yourself, meet as many people as you can and work with them, make contacts and friends, realize that there are so many artists out there who are on the same boat as you are. Working as a collective is key to get more exposure and to feel like part of an important movement.

Me: how are you establishing a career path for yourself as an artist/illustrator?

Amer: I am currently back at college doing an access course, which will hopefully get me into university to do a game design course which I am very interested in. I chose this course because it offers so many opportunities for an artistic career.

Me: Do you find it difficult you make a living from your work?

Amer: I have achieved so much through my art, but unfortunately It is very hard to make money and survive from it. I always believe that if you are truly going to chase your dream to it's full extent, then you have to sacrifice so much in order to get anything back out of it. I'm pretty much just enjoying the ride and letting the art guide me.I am happy with the exposure my artwork has gained, and nothing can ever take that away!

Cheers Joe, I will have to share your Art folder on my page soon, you got some fantastic stuff man and I wish you all the best, hope that was enough information for you, anything else, feel free to hit me up!

- Amer


 

No comments:

Post a Comment