Thursday, 24 November 2011

Ghostly imagery and print making :)

Hey, haven't made a post in quite a while just thought I would give my effort a bit of a show off so here it goes. Below are a few drawings and final prints from the print process workshop with maria.
top left: The view from my flat window. This image was produced using an etching technique, I really like the foggy effect the left over ink lends to the illustration.

Top right: A line drawing of me as a child participating in my aunties wedding as a page boy. I liked the amount of information I was able to communicate here with the use of just lines and contours with very little shading. This drawing will be used for a transfer print sometime this week. I may have to make the lines stronger as previous work with such thin lines has not had amazing results in the printing process.



 Below left: A simplified lino print version of the view from my window. This is quite a contrast for me as I like to work in detail but I feel that this workshop bought out the simplistic version of my work and I really like the way the image turned out anyway.

Below right: A drawing of my nephew (with whom i used to live) wearing a novelty hat on holiday. I used a mixture of fine line to highlight the subjects features and thick dark areas around the focal point to push the image forward. I am not sure if this is finished yet, I do like it as it is though. This drawing will also be used this week for a transfer print.

To the left is a pencil drawing that I spent quite a long time on. It is a rendition of Aayliah, a deceased R&B singer. I chose this person as my subject for project "boo" because of the contrast it will communicate between beauty and death and not only that, but she died in quite an horrific plane crash so there are a lot of possibilities as to where I could take this project next.

Here is a second drawing of Aayliah complete with plane crash related injuries but with hair and eye intact. I think the eye communicates a sense of knowing and acceptance of death and also contrasts with the rest of the image as it is her only untouched feature.
Maybe this is telling the viewer something about the context of death as a whole?

No comments:

Post a Comment